Sunday, February 21, 2021

...and refresh

I obviously did not go boogie boarding every weekend last year, or any weekend last year. Public transit became a big no for me. I was back to the same old problem: no ride to ride the waves.
It was an odd year. I started working from home in March. It was a gift. My dog was getting old and I loved being home with him all day, every day. 
Then, in December, my beloved dog died. Four days later, one of my two cats followed him. It was truly the most heartbroken I have ever been.
I healed and am healing by taking care of myself. I started working out consistently again, and have been going a little longer every week. I stopped getting takeout. I started buying flowers. 
Then, last month, my roommate, best friend, and chauffeur got a car! 
Because of my lapses in fitness, and the quarantine 15, I no longer fit into my wetsuit. I had been planning on getting back in the water when the wetsuit fit again, or it was warm enough to go without, whichever happened first.
Yesterday morning we took coffee to the beach for a sunrise walk. That's all it took. I don't think I can wait. I ordered a new wetsuit yesterday. With free shipping, it should be here by Friday, March 5. I plan to get in the water on March 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment